“Say the Rosary every day to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war.” ~Our Lady of Fatima, May 13, 1917
Listers, as most Catholics know May 13th is the anniversary of the first apparition of Our Lady in Fatima. Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of Fatima is quite popular due to the various prophecies that Our Lady graced the shepherd children with but also what she commands the children to do. Many traditionalists around the globe continue to heed the commands of the Virgin Mary till this very day. Devotion to the Virgin by way of praying the Rosary daily and wearing the Brown Scapular increased due to the council and warnings of Our Lady in Fatima although the revelations of these devotions were around long before this latest apparition.
1. Her Commands to All Catholics
The following are commands of Our Lady of Fatima for all Catholics:
- ”You must pray much for sinners and priests and religious.”
- “Priests must be pure, very pure. They should not busy themselves with anything except what concerns the Church and souls. The disobedience of priests and religious to their superiors and to the Holy Father gravely displeases Our Lord.”
- “More souls go to Hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason.”
- “Never speak ill of anyone. Never complain or murmur. Be very patient, for patience leads us to Heaven.”
- “Our Lady can no longer uphold the arm of her Divine Son which will strike the world. If people amend their lives, Our Lord will even now save the world, but if they do not, punishment will come.”
- “Continue to pray the Rosary every day.”
- “Will you offer yourselves to God, and bear all the sufferings He sends you? In atonement for all the sins that offend Him? And for the conversion of sinners?”
- “My Immaculate Heart will be your comfort and the way which will lead you to God.”
- ”Make sacrifices for sinners, and say often, especially while making a sacrifice: “O Jesus, this is for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.”
- “Pray, pray, a great deal, and make the sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because they have no one to make sacrifices and pray for them.”
- “I have come to warn the faithful to amend their lives and ask pardon for their sins. They must not continue to offend Our Lord Who is already deeply offended.”
- “The Scapular and the Rosary are inseparable.”
“I promise to help at the hour of death with graces needed for salvation, whoever: on the 1st Saturday of 5 consecutive months, shall confess and receive Holy Communion; recite 5 decades of the Rosary; and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to my Immaculate Heart.”
2. Warnings if Disobeyed
Our Lady not only gave commands for all Catholics whilst in Fatima, She also gave several warnings if Her requests were to be ignored either by the faithful or the hierarchy:
- “If my requests are not granted, Russia will scatter her errors throughout the world, provoking wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, and various nations will be destroyed!”
“If my requests are fulfilled, Russia will be converted and there will be peace…. In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph…. a period of peace will be granted to the world.”
3. Checklist: Are We Doing Her Will?
Lastly, we want to ask ourselves as faithful Catholics if we are truly doing what Our Lady requests.
- Praying the Rosary daily?
- Offering up your daily tasks as a sacrifice in reparation?
- Wearing the Brown Scapular as a sign of personal consecration—and making acts of consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary?
- Fulfilling Our Lady’s First Saturday’s Communion request?
- Making frequent visits to church—adoring Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament? Mass—Communion?
Making a Holy Hour at least once a week in reparation for the sins of the world and for the conversion of sinners?
4. The Prayers of Fatima
The following are prayers taught by Our Lady to the children of Fatima:
Pardon Prayer O My God, I believe, I adore, I trust, and I love you! And I beg pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust, and do not love you.
Prayer of Reparation O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore thee profoundly. I offer thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of thee the conversion of poor sinners.
Eucharistic Prayer Most Holy Trinity, I adore you! My God, my god, I love you in the Most Blessed Sacrament!
Sacrifice Prayer O my Jesus, it is for love of you, in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and for the conversion of poor sinners.
Rosary Decade Prayer O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy.
Regina Sanctissimi Rosarii, ora pro nobis!